WHAT DOES "THIRD DAY" MEAN?
The phrase "third day" is used in Scripture as a symbol for the day of fulfillment, restoration and resurrection. Our key Scripture is Hosea 6:1-3, which promises that "on the third day, the Lord will restore us." Some of the powerful events the Scripture mentions as happening on the "third day":
Abraham was prepared to offer Isaac and was honored by God!
are aware that some groups (technically called “restorationists”) are
using the phrase “third day,” and “proving” that due to the dawn of the
third millennium, the end of the end times have come; making their little
group God’s favorite (Here
is a good response by our friend Len Hjalmarson. And hey, we don‘t claim
everyone else using “third day” gets caught up in this).
We like the nickname /abbreviation "3D" (Third="3" and Day starts with "D"), because we long to be three-dimensional, authentic, real..
Oh, and we like those cool glasses.
To catch our DNA, and
discover who we are as Third Day, we offer here a helpful explanation of
our Mission, Vision, and Values statements.
"Making Jesus Laugh, and Bashing Borders," (Luke 10:20-22)
· 1. BRIDGING Church, City and Community
· 2. FORMING Forerunners and Enfolding the Fivefold
· 3.FASTING When We Miss Jesus
· 4.ERASING Racism: Temple Tantrums
· 5. NETWORKING Networks
· 6.SEIZING the Future
· 1. SWIMMING in 3C Style: Casual, Conetoprary, Coffee
· 2. BECOMING The Early Church in These Late Days
· 3. WEARING The Right Wineskin
· 4. EQUIPPING Bible-Wise and Holy Spirited Disciplers
· 5. DEVELOPING Dreamers
· 6. TRADING Instruments
· 1. ENGAGING Culture While Engaged to Jesus
· 2. ACTING as Sneaky as Snakes, and as Docile as Doves
· 3.WORKING the Net
· 4.BALANCING Preaching, Teaching, Healing Ministries
· 5. DEALING With the Devil
· 6. MARKING The Marketplace